Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Sock-It-To Me-Baby, Yeah

I sure enjoyed my last days off. It helped not having any out-of-town trips. I got to spend more time than usual knitting. I finished the Sock-It-To Me Baby sweater for Baby B. I felt like I spent most of Friday sewing all the seams together and knitting the neck and front bands. I found the blue and green buttons in my button stash and am very happy with the results.

I'm about ready to either ditch my camera or take a short course on digital photography. I got some very funky background color with all the pics I took of this sweater, and this is the best one!Specs on the sweater:

Yarn: Opal #1616, Pfau, from the Rainforest collection. 1 ball. It didn't look like I could make a hat out of this one ball also, so I didn't attempt it.

Size: 3-6 months.

Needles: Sizes 1 (DPNs) and 2(Addi circulars).

Pattern : "Sock It To Me Baby" sweater by Black Purl Patterns

Time to knit - aproximately 1 month (while working full time, and knitting on other projects for short breaks). This could have been knitted up much quicker if this was the only project I was knitting on. (But then that wouldn't have been any fun, would it? )

When I finished the baby sweater, I was going to start on the second Inside-Out sock, but Arwen was calling to me. She was feeling very neglected after being stuffed away in the corner!! It took me a little bit to get back in the cable mode, and I managed to spend at least an hour trying to fix a mistake with cables that weren't crossing the right way. I do feel like I learned how to do cable surgery pretty well, and got everything "straightened" out. I'm still loving the Debbie Bliss cashmerino that I'm knitting with. It is sooo soft, I am in a "Bliss-ful"state!

This is the progress of the left front. It looks pretty odd at this point.

Below is a closer picture. Doesn't that look like a neck-hole opening that needs to be sewn up the back? Actually the lower part of the opening is the shoulder seam, and there in the top left is the beginning of the hood.

And here is a close-up of my kitcheneredddd cuff. This is a first for me. Doesn't look to shabby, if I do say so myself! Everything is actually crossing the right way! I have had to pay close attention to the instructions. I got off on my row count a few times, but when she said to end on a certain row of the pattern, I did. And it worked!

I have a slight problem, and that is when to say no. I know a baby that is due in May, and one in July. I would like to make these babys something, but I know that my time is limited, and I might never get my other projects done. It sure is more fun to make a gift, than to go buy it in a store. I think I maight make easier projects for these next babys, like a cap and socks in fun yarns (and bigger sizes so they will get more use out of it in the colder months).

But right now, I think I'll go back and spend some time with Arwen! I would love to have her finished before the end of this month. People that live in the south might think I'm crazy for working on a sweater at this time of the year, but where I live, I've worn ski jackets and wrapped up in quilts to watch fireworks on the Fourth of July!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home