Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

First Inside Out - Off the Needles

I was hoping ot be done with the first Inside Out sock by now, however I have had some problems. I think one of my downfalls is getting too involved with a movie while trying to do cables. I was watching "Facing the Giants" last night with my family, and was very touched by it. It is a movie about being down and out, reaffirming your faith and how God can turn your life around. I teared up in a couple of places, but had to hold it back (the boyz just don't appreciate it when mom starts blubbering during a movie!!). Any-hooo, I have redone the last section of this cuff about 3 times now, and I keep dropping a stitch and getting off on my count. One time I did rows 1-20 twice instead of moving on to rows 21-40. I am going to sit down with it later and figure this out. I refuse to let it get the best of me!!

The other reason I need to get on with sock #2, is that I received my second STR kit already!! I am trying to be strong and finish #2 and the the Sock-It-To-Me baby sweater before I cast on for anything else. I have a 4-day weekend coming up without any out-of-town trips planned, so I'm hoping to get more knitting done.

Last Friday, 4-27 was Arbor Day and Lolly posted a nice entry on "Dendrology", and asked for comments about favorite trees and memories of trees. I think my favorite is the Redwood tree, specifically the Sequoia sempirviren, although I enjoy many other species including flowering trees like fruit trees and jacarandas. When I was younger, I dreamed about living in an area that had alot of trees, and now I am surrounded by National and State Park land. I love all the trees around us. For a little information about the area of Northern CA and the redwoods, please visit this site.

Later: I made a little time when I got off work, and voila'....


Boy this is a hard color to photograph. This picture came out the most true to the real color. I know I have large feet, but these look like they were made for Bozo the Clown!!!!! Oh well, there isn't really much stretch in the foot, lengthwise. They also came out a little tight over the instep. Live and learn. I am glad that I got some stiping on the leg of the sock. I hope to have more to post about before next Mon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home