Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Weekend Fun

Well, my husband and I had a wonderful weekend away from the kids, and the dogs. We went to Ashland, OR and stayed at the Ashland Springs Hotel. It is very nice inside and does make you feel like you are going back in time. They have quite a bit of scaffolding up on the outside of the building to work on the outside. The room we had was a bit on the small side compared to more modern hotels, but it had a lot more charm with a french country theme. They had a very nice complementary continental breadfast and they were good about re-stocking supplies as needed. All-in-all it was a nice change from the big chain modern hotels.

We walked all over the downtown shopping area of Ashland on Saturday. Of course I had to visit the yarn shop that I had heard about. I did some Stash Enrichment while I was there. Unfortunately I don't have picture to show of the yarn that I got because I lost my camera. I kept looking for it when we got home in my suitcase, the car, the trunk and in my knitting bag and couldn't find it anywhere. So I called the Hotel on the off chance that I had left it in the room. Well, I hadn't left it in the room, but it was found by some honest, wonderful person in the parking lot and the hotel is going to mail it to me.

The yarn shop that I went to was The Web-sters. They have avariety of things to choose from for knitting, crocheting, weaving, or spinning.

Saturday night we went to a play at the Oregon Cabaret Theatre and watched the play Honky Tonk Laundry. The play was alot of fun. They serve dinner if you like at the theatre before the show. You can also order drinks, appetizers, and dessert. The dessert is served at intermission. All food is billed separately from the play tickets. Another plus was that the theatre was less than a block from our hotel, so, needless to say we walked to the show.

We decided not to eat at the theatre. The restaurant that we ate at (Tabu) was only a couple of blocks from our hotel. They serve "Nuevo Latino Cuisine". We were the first customers of the evening, and the service was good, as was the food.

After dinner, we walked around some more to let our dinner settle before going to the show. On Sunday, I paid for all that walking up and downhill and had some very sore muscles. It was nice to be able to get outside and walk and not be rained on. So far this year we have had over 70 inches of rain. Keep in mind our rain year starts in June.

Today actually looks like it is going to be a nice day. I have already mopped floors, run a few errands, made some calls, started preparations for dinner tonight and I'm going to the LYS soon to knit with friends. Whew - I think I have spring fever! The sun is out and I plan on taking Brinkleigh my Golden Retriever for a walk later this afternoon. I think she needs the exercise after being cooped up in the house so much! Okay, I need the exercise too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home