Name:
Location: Crescent City, California, United States

I love to make things with my hands. My current passions are knitting and spinning.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Join, being careful not to twist


Okay, I do feel a little twisted for joining another group. But Project Spectrum sounded like fun, and everyone else is joining (976 people the last time I checked), and I didn't want to be left out!! Besides I just started some yellow and orange (and Pink) socks for the sock-a-month KAL, and it "just happens" to be the right color for April's Project Spectrum. As you can see, I got my camera back, the hotel must have mailed it right away - I called them on Monday, and received it on Wed.

These are the yarns I got at Web-sters in Ashland. The pictures don't do the yarn justice, but in the picture on the left is Koigu KPPM, color no. P416L. You can get a better idea of the color here. The Koigu is so soft, I can't wait to knit it. I believe I will use the Crusoe pattern for this yarn.

In the picture below, the yarn on the left is Kumo's Socki, color #ZZ-LJ014. It is 80% wool and 20% nylon. I believe it is hand-dyed by someone that lives fairly close to Ashland. I was thinking that this would be a good yarn to use for the Jaywalker pattern.



The yarn on the right is Lorna's Laces fingering weight in the color Seaside for my first shawl. The yarn is 50%silk, and 50%wool. I am excited about that project, but will need some help learning a provisional cast-on. I am going to use the Leaf Lace Shawl pattern by Fiber Trends. I have had the pattern since November when I went on a shooping expedition with a friend, and have been looking for just the right yarn. I think I will enjoy knitting the lace pattern.


Well, I guess my blogging time is over. The kids are on Spring break this week, and as usual, I have someone chomping at the bit to use the computer.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home